Lincoln’s seasonal menu showcases simplistic market fresh dishes by Chef Demetrio Zavala crafted from fresh ingredients supplied by local farmers, daily seafood catches by local fishermen, and artisanal meat from ranchers around the region. Our Chef includes many nods to Abraham Lincoln’s favorite foods including oysters, gingerbread and chicken fricassee.
DISTINCTIVE BAR PROGRAM
Master mixologist John Hogan created one of the city’s most distinctive and fresh bar programs completely around the restaurant’s artistic concept. From the unique Mason jars featuring infused bourbons to the city’s first moonshine list all served in antique style copper cups, each hand-crafted drink truly reflects the simple values and tastes of an era that evoked change.
Hometown artist Maggie O’Neill’s design for LINCOLN restaurant was recognized by DC Modern Luxury Magazine as the Best New Restaurant Design of 2011. The interior includes original paintings and works of art influenced by some of our most iconic American Pop artists. Challenging the boundaries of design, O’Neill incorporated over one million pennies into the spectacular tiled floor that is the centerpiece of the restaurant’s design–a feat never before attempted at this grand of a scale in the United States. From the striking Jasper Johns-esque American flag mural on the wall, to the reconditioned antique wood floors from barns in New England to a custom oversized white leather chair inspired by Lincoln’s seat at his memorial, O’Neill has translated Popovsky’s creative vision into a stunning reality.
Even in a political town, there are some things everyone can agree on. LINCOLN is an expression of artistic collaboration in gastronomy, mixology & design. Politics aside we think you’ll agree: LINCOLN is an experience like no other.
Whether you’re a history buff, a policy wonk, a college student finishing your first Political Science Class, a tourist visiting our nation’s capital or just want a fun place to unwind after a full day on K Street or Capitol Hill, LINCOLN pulls it all together. Our original pop-art by DC’s Maggie O’Neill, reclaimed barnwood, back-lit Emancipation Proclamation and 1 million penny floor mean you’ll never lack for things to look at, or lively dinnertime conversation.
Eating local has never been more fun. Savor our seasonal American small plate menu crafted from fresh, local ingredients. Our menus feature the very best sustainable fish and certified humane meat, eggs and the freshest produce from local farms – what could be more American? Our current local farms offering the freshest fare available include Cedar Run Cattle Company in Sudlersville MD, Red Rake Farm in in Mangohick VA, and Pekin Paradise in Hamburg PA.
TAKE A TOUR
Take a peek inside the Washington, DC restaurant as proprietor Alan Popovsky shows off LINCOLN’s penny-covered floor, antique New England barn wood, “Abraham Lincoln” chair, vodka infusion room, LED-lit emancipation proclamation, bottle chandeliers, and more original artwork.
Check out our Menus and see how Executive Chef Demetrio Zavala is skillfully crafting one-of-a-kind dishes that pay homage to our 16th President – from the very best seasonal, sustainable locally-grown and humane ingredients. All that fresh, wonderful produce in our kitchen is calling you!
Don’t take our word for it: learn more about LINCOLN from …
- DC Magazine’s Essential Dining Guide
- Fathom’s Guide to Eating Out in DC
- Washingtonian Magazine’s Best Bites
- Politico Magazine: DC’s Evolving Food Scene
- Esquire Magazine’s “Eat Like a Man”
- WSJ’s “Washington Wire”
- Brightest Young Thing’s Patio and Outdoor Dining Guide (“Best People Watching” pick)
- DC-Modern Luxury Magazine’s annual “Men’s Issue”
- NBC4 news
- Wine Enthusiast
- DailyCandy’s Guide to Low-Calorie Cocktails
- UrbanDaddy.com’s feature piece on our tribute to all things peanut butter
- October 4 feature article in EXPRESS – delicious fall apples!
- October 24 article in the Washington City Paper about the preparations leading up to our lunch with President Barack Obama
- DC Modern Luxury in their October feature on LINCOLN’s Election Cocktail Voter Poll
- DC City Paper (“Thanksgiving Eats“), Brightest Young Things (“The Ultimate Thanksgiving Food Guide“), and Washingtonian (“Best Bites“)
- CNN - click to view Karin Cafia’s interview with owner Alan Popovsky
- Express (a publication of the Washington Post) – “Get Presidential”
- DC Modern Luxury - “Debate Dining”
- DC EATER - “Where to Eat and Drink Your Election 2012 Decision”
- Details - “Presidential Cocktail Poll to Measure Critical Drunk Vote”
- CraveLocal - “Vote for Your Favorite Presidential Candidate by Drinking with Lincoln”
- Chilled - “Lincoln Restaurant Predicts the Presidential Election With a Cocktail Poll”
- Fox News - “Election-Inspired Food and Drink Specials in DC”
- Esquire - “Obama Wins Election, According to Food”
- Bar Business Magazine – “Hail to the Chief”
- Washington Where – “Party Favors”
- Washingtonian.com’s “Best Bites” for New Year’s Eve Dinners around Washington
- About.com’s guide to New Years Eve Dining in Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia
- Fresh FM’s Kelly Collis
- Bitches Who Brunch 2012 Brunches: The Best, The Worst
- Presidential Tasting Menu featured on Guest of a Guest
- Zagat Blog: Inauguration Food & Drink Specials
- Washington.org’s Inauguration Countdown
- TheLIST’s Inauguration Madness 2013
- Examiner.com’s Presidential Food Feast
- Washingtonian’s Eat and Drink the Inauguration
- ABC7 news (WJLA)
- JustLuxe.com’s Dine Like A President